Experience Finding App.
To discover life in other people's shoes
Find new user needs regarding travel & leisure
Team: 4 people
- Prepare and Facilitate group meeting discussions.
- Facilitate conversations on contrasting ideas.
- Flow charts, 2nd stage Wireframes
- Assign & organize jobs
- ensure feedback is given for each
- notify group members of each other's current state in the process & the group's overall process.
- 1st stage wreframe and Prototype assigned frames.
search up "Attractions" on Google Maps to find experiences.
A potential solution for having a "unified experience for planning & action"
The desire of customed features is repeating theme
Based on these feedbacks, the idea of a platform that shows users similar people's travel plans started to emerge.
Business Case Studies
53% Leisure Travel
27% Friend & Relative Visits, Religious, Health
Learning from Existing Products
Connect transaction & review
Relationship to users through user habits
Users feel more engaged when the output is relevant to the users' habits
Learning from Failed Travel Startups
Why Startups Failed:
Travel data is complex, it's hard to keep the User experience simple.
Adapt to Changing Landscape
Consumers have high expectations.
Information is constantly changing
Vulnerable Business Model
When are returns going to be generated?
Volatile Customer Memory
Users don't travel all the time. How to ensure return .
Connective - real people, and real experiences
Unified - planning & doing
Personal - Customizable & tailored experiences
Local & within the nation - Discover life right around you
Focused User Segments:
Young single user
Young small group users
Travelers (city to city)
On-Boarding Questions & System Memory
Suggested Routes & Experiences on map
visually connected to the map, easy access
1st Stage Wireframing
& UserTest Feedbacks & Changes
Tackled in 2nd stage Wireframe
Simplifying the Design
• suggestion tab & suggested routes are the same
• clearer visualization of information
• Neglected to be intentional about the search bar
• Discussions of the filter options location unresolved - > re-examine the problem -> realized the problem may lie in another feature
• Search bars = defined locations
• Our feature = experience finding app = abstract
• Features not utilized by the users because the changes were too small to satisfy the action, users are impatient
Change on Design:
• Delete & combine actions that show small results
Still In Progress...
• Style Guide & Prototype User test
• Follow other route creators & friends
• Group Trip feature? Can users request to join others' trips?
• Global trips expansion. Should we? How do the features change when moving to a bigger scale?