Coral Reef Restoration Ad. Design
Adobe Design Jam Finalist
motivate to donate to reef restoration.
$35 donation = 1 ReefStar = restores a reef.
Team: 2 people
My Job: UI design, execution
• Individual donations
• Corporate-level sponsorship
• Engaging Experience
- important contributors to the conversation
Angle of Attack:
- Social media trends
-Social media advertising
Advertisement: simple, efficient,
needs to stand out
game: popular, "cool"
complicates the process
game + social media trends
Experience & Story-based
User Test Analysis
Attract & Interest
• Easy entry
pictorial and playful
media camera filters
- "Skip" button
User test proves lasting impression
Make Users Care
simple, concise explanation
- more info slides added in response to user feedback
Background corals come back alive
# of coral restored related to # of donation selected
• Corporate level engagement is encouraged
- Logos as encourgment
SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING
Other Entry Points to the Ad.
- The playful works well with interactive screens. - Collaboration with ocean parks
Entry Point 2
• Bored of waiting for the bus?
Scan to play tiny game
Improvements & Next Steps
• Corporate-level Sponsorship
social media advertising = personal
How can companies join the conversation?
• Returning User
bring back users
• Surface Level Design Iteration
User test surface design choices.
• After Sharing
How effective are the shared photos?
Provide ink or logo with each share?
What we achieved
• Easy entry
Focusing on user behaviors
accessible and relevant to user habits.
fast, & engaging way to share.
photo-sharing opens the potential for the campaign to become a trend.
animation, characterization of corals, story-telling, responsive